A 480p 200lm mini projector for user-friendly connectivity with HDMI and USB-C.
Hassle-free wireless set-up with auto keystone and 15 degree tilt for a big, squared picture, quickly and with ease.
NOTE: Copyrighted content from Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, and similar services CANNOT be mirrored or screencast. Download and use the apps directly through GV1 to view copyrighted contents from these providers.
The devices GV1 supports with wireless projection are smartphones (iOS & Android) and laptops (Windows, Chrome & MacOS).
There are 3 ways to transmit audio and video content via GV1 wireless projection: WLAN mode, GV1- hotspot mode, mobile hotspot mode.
*Due to the content protection mechanism for the subscription-based streaming platform, please note that “mobile devices” cannot “mirror” or "cast" the content of certain streaming services, such as Netflix, Fox+, Catchplay, iTunes, etc.
The content you can cast via Airplay and Chromecast:
1. Photos, videos, and music files on your mobile phone.
3. Content on Youtube
4. Music App (e.g. Spotify)
5. Office Doc and email app.
Yes. There are ways to watch Netflix:
1. Download Netflix app from Aptoide TV Market according to the "smart projector" instructions in this link, and.sign in with your Netflix account and watch videos on GV1
2. Use your own laptop (Windows/Chrome/MacOS) to cast. Make sure both GV1 and laptop are under the same wireless network.
(1) Airplay on macOS
(2) Google Cast on PC or Laptop via Google Chrome Browser
3. Streaming content from Android mobile devices with Type-C and DisplayPort function to GV1 via USB-C cable that supports DP 1.4 and DP Alt Mode.
For the most user-friendly experience, BenQ provides a smart remote control app for your smart device to control Netflix on GV1.
GV1 is embedded with the Smart Control App. Once installed, you can control the projector with your own mobile and benefit from its intuitive UI.
*How to Use BenQ Smart Control App
You can connect it via Bluetooth:
1. And use it as a Bluetooth speaker.
2. Or, connect to external Bluetooth speakers or headphones.
Find out in the video how to turn it into Bluetooth speakers and how to connect it to external Bluetooth speakers or headphones.
It depends on the internet service bandwidth provided by the Wi-Fi router as well as how many competing wireless devices in the environment. If stuttering occurs during projection, please check if Wi-Fi is working properly or it is combusted.
GV1 has both 2.4G and 5G channels. We'd recommend switching both your home Wi-Fi router and GV1 to 5G channel for smoother connections.
Besides WLAN mode, it also offers 2 types of wireless projection:
1. Use Mobile as the Wifi Hotspot: Turn on Wi-fi Hotspot on your iPhone or Android phone, connect GV1 to it and start the wireless projection.
2. Use GV1 as the Wifi Hotspot: Turn the Wifi Hotspot on GV1 and connect your mobile to it and start the wireless projection. To note, your mobile won't be able to connect to the external network via your 4G cellular network and only can stream pictures or video stored in your mobile to GV1.