Remote Work & Learning
Interactive Display | Signage
You may encounter an issue after using the KVM function of BenQ monitors where the mouse and keyboard connected to the monitor's hub cannot wake up the computer and monitor.
The monitor will wake up when it receives a video signal, so the following settings will guide you on how to wake up the computer and provide a video signal to the monitor.
1. Except for Thunderbolt/USB-C, confirm that USB upstream is properly bound
with the input device.
Menu > KVM Switch > USB Upstream Video Input > HDMI or DisplayPort
2. Allow the monitor's USB hub to stay awake in sleep mode:
Menu > System > USB-C Awake or USB Awake > ON
Menu > System > Power Awake > Thunderbolt3 and USB > ON
3. Turn off the KVM Auto Switch function if the monitor supports it.
Menu > KVM Switch > (KVM) Auto Switch > OFF
4. When the PC is in sleep mode, press the PC's power button to wake it up
(the wake-up method of each input device may be different, but most
devices can be woken up by pressing the power button).
5. In specific conditions, you may encounter a situation where the monitor
can't be controlled by a keyboard/mouse. Switch KVM to Thunderbolt/USB-C
or USB upstream to change control to the correct input source.
Menu > KVM Switch > Thunderbolt/USB-C or USB upstream.
For more detail, please refer to the video:
Thanks for letting us know. How would you describe this FAQ?
Thanks for your feedback!