What is new for PointWrite-PW21U compared with previous PointWrite modules?
PointWrite-PW21U are with improved features.
(1) Improved interactive performance: dynamic light sensing will sense every second for interference block guarantees smooth writing
(2) Resume when interference disappears
(3) External light literference occurs less
(4) Freezing improvement
(5) Improved writing experience: new algorithm improves jigging issue
Which types of BenQ projectors require a power cycling process?
For BenQ projectors designed for general home entertainment and business use, we recommend powering off the projector for 2-3 minutes after every 12 hours of constant use for longer lasting reliability and maximized projector lifespan.
BenQ professional projectors designed with corresponding industrial standards can be used continuously for more than 12 hours and do not require a power cycling process as our home and general-use business projectors do.
If you have any questions, please contact your local BenQ customer care team for further assistance. Thank you.
My remote control is not working. What can be done to fix it?
Please follow below steps for troubleshooting:
(1) Check if the remote receiver is turned off by accident in OSD. It should be turned to Front/Top/Front+Top.
(2) Check if the batteries are out of power. Replace both of the batteries with new ones.
(3) Make sure you are not too far away from the projector. Stand within 7 meters from the projector.
(4) Remove the obstacles between the remote control and projector.
For demo, please refer to the tutorial video
Can I control the BenQ projector with a remote control designed by other manufacturers?
Yes. When setting the remote control, please input the [custom code + IR code] or [IR code + custom code] based on the instruction on the remote control.
The custom code for BenQ is 0X30. For IR code, please refer to the user manual.
Which reminder messages will stop being displayed after "Reminder Message" is switched off?
After "Reminder Message" option is switched off in OSD, the following messages will stop being displayed:
- All signal searching…
- No signal
- (Source) Source searching…
- (Source) Source detected
- Auto adjusting…
- Signal status(Source information menu)
- ECO BLANK/No source detected
- Out of range
- Best resolution
Can PointWrite be applied on 3 sets of projector side by side to create one larger screen?
PointWrite could only support 2 sets of projector and 2 pcs of camera module side by side. PointWrite does not support the 3rd projector and camera module.
How many pens does PointWrite support simultaneously?
PointWrite support up to 4 pens/fingers writing simultaneously.
What is the recommended combination of USB cable by distance?
The recommended combination of USB cable is as followings.
(1) 5 meter distance: normal USB cable
(2) 10 meter distance:
(2-1) single 10 meter USB cable: Become unstable according to the PC
(2-2) 5 meter normal USB cable+ 5 meter repeater cable
(3) 15 meter distance
(3-1) 5 meter normal USB cable+ 5 meter repeater cable+ 5 meter repeater cable
(3-2) 5 meter normal USB cable+ 5 meter extend USB cable+ 5 meter repeater cable
(3-3) 10 meter normal USB cable+ 5 meter repeater cable
(4) Above 15 meter: must use repeater cable or hub
What is the suggested limit value of keystone adjustment when the projector is connected to PointWrite-PW21U?
If you overly calibrate the distorted image, it may impact the interactive performance. In order to ensure the optimal writing accuracy, please limit the keystone range within ±1 steps.
How do I clean my projector lens?
Please refer to the below video for a guide to cleaning your projector's lens.
How to change the lamp and reset the lamp timer?
Please refer to the below video for instructions on how to replace a projector lamp and reset the lamp life timer on BenQ projectors.
How do I mute the projector?
The projector can be muted using one of the following settings -
1. OSD > System setup > audio settings > mute
2.. Mute key on remote
The mute function will reset to default (Off) when the projector is restarted, which means audio will be on.
Therefore, if you wish to mute the projector permanently, please turn the audio volume down to 0. Volume levels do not reset for power cycles or restarts.