1. BenQ Asia Pacific Corporation warrants its Product(s) to be free from defects in materials or workmanship under normal use during the warranty period, and will at its sole option, repair or replace the product with a similar Product. Replacement product or parts may include new, remanufactured or refurbished parts or components.
2. For the purpose of this Warranty General Terms and Conditions, a Product is:
a. Manufactured by or on behalf of BenQ, and;
b. Bears the registered trademark name or logo owned by BenQ or BENQ, and;
c. Distributed or sold by an Authorised Distributor or Reseller of BenQ, and;
d. Valid Proof of Purchase.
3. Cross-regional or country Warranty is not applicable. For instance, a valid purchased Product from Malaysia is ineligible for Warranty service in Indonesia, and vice versa. This includes but not limited to physical retail store or online markets (E-commerce).
4. Third-party bundled product/accessory that does not meet the definition as a BenQ Product is ineligible for Warranty.
5. Product in each coverage country can carry different warranty policies due to the nature of the Product's design, manufacture or expected use.
6. Warranty applies only to the first Customer of the Product.
7. During the warranty period as indicated below, BenQ will, at no additional charge, replace defective parts or products with new parts or serviceable parts or products that are equivalent to new parts or products in performance.
8. Faults resulting from incorrect software installation, including driver or third party application, or abnormal operation or phenomena as a result from the use of third party application is not considered as Product defect.
9. Warranty automatically becomes void if the product is considered as Out of Warranty condition.
10. BenQ reserves the right to change terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
1. Proof of Purchase, also known as sales receipt, purchase invoice, warranty card or authorised redemption letter from BenQ issued upon purchase of the Product.
2. Proof of Purchase in its original entirety, printed in clear and easily identifiable information containing the following:
a. Name of the shop, store, dealer, reseller or authorised distributor, and;
b. The date of purchase, also known as invoice date or issue date, and;
c. Item description containing BenQ brand name the corresponding description, model and serial number of the Product, and;
d. Not modified, defaced or missing portion.
BenQ products are sold through a network of authorised distributor, dealer and partners carefully selected by BenQ. It is important to note there are also sellers that are able to acquire BenQ products via other sources that is not authorised or permitted by BenQ.
Should you have any question regarding to your Product, or uncertain if the seller is BenQ authorised, do feel free to Contact Us.
Product purchased from the following may not be accepted for Warranty service:
1. Unauthorised dealers, resellers or distributor sell through e-Commerce or online marketplaces such as Amazon, Newegg, Lazada, Alibaba, Jin Dong, Rakuten or similar online traders.
2. Second-hand items, including online or offline trading platforms such as eBay, Craigslist, classified advertising, public/private forums or purchase other than purchase of Product by the first Customer.
Warranty applies from the date printed on the Proof of Purchase by the first Customer.
The Product may differentiate by segment, lineup and separated into key parts and accessories. Each Product, segment, key part and accessory may also contain its own warranty period and policy.
For other regions, please choose respective regional website at BenQ.com.
|Projector model/type||Warranty||Light source *||Note|
|Lamp based light source||3 years||12 months / 1,000 hours||Onsite pick up available.|
|LED based light source||3 years||20,000 hours||Onsite pick up available.|
|Laser based light source (Model name starts with LU785, LX785,LU960UST, LU960, LU960ST,LU9715, LU9915, LU9235, LU9245, LU9255, LX9215)||3 years||30,000 hours||Onsite pick up available.|
|Laser based light source (Model name starts with LX730, LH710, LU710, LX710, LU930, LH930, LU950, LU951ST, LK970, LK990, L6000)||3 years||20,000 hours||Onsite pick up available.|
|Laser based light source (Model name starts with L*720, L*770, L*820, L*890,* denotes any alphabetic character)||3 years||10,000 hours||Onsite pick up available.|
* based on minimum equivalent lamp or light source hour or warranty period, whichever comes first
For more information on light source, please refer to the section About Projector Light Source and Equivalent Lamp or Light Source Usage Hour.
|Optional lens||12 months||NA|
|Lamp (separately purchased)||3 months||NA|
|Remote control||3 months||NA|
|Removable battery kit||3 months||NA|
|PointWrite module (PW series)||6 months||NA|
|PointWrite Touch module (PT series)||6 months||Dummy pen has no warranty.|
|PointWrite pen||3 months||Pen tip has no warranty.|
|Wireless streaming devices||Warranty||Note|
|QCast wireless dongle (QP series)||1 year||NA|
|Wireless Full HD Kit (WDP series)||1 year||Dummy pen has no warranty.|
|All other consumable or miscellaneous accessories|
|Consumable items including input/signal cable, USB and power cable, dust filter, remote control battery or any item not specifically mentioned in this document do not carry warranty.|
The light source inside the Projector is the primary light source responsible to deliver high brightness projection. Depending on the type of light source, Lamp, LED or Laser, light source can emit high amount of heat and can get warmer with increased brightness as larger output of electricity is necessary. For example, a typical lamp can reach temperature of up to 300 degree Celsius.
To ensure the Projector does not overheat, cooling down a Projector mainly involve the use of one or more fans inside the Projector to draw in cool air and exhaust warm air. Airflow for cooling can accumulate dust and other particles over time.
It is important to note after long usage of a Projector that buildup of dust can eventually hinder air circulation and cause the Projector to overhead. As a safety precaution the Projector can automatically shut down or avoid turning on completely if the Projector detects overheating. Other symptoms include washed out colours or unclear projection.
How quickly the dust accumulates depends on the operating environment and the settings of the Projector. BenQ suggests to clean the Projector regularly with a vacuum cleaner from the outside around the vents area. Otherwise, it is recommended to clean the Projector when the equivalent lamp or light source hour has reached 50% of its rated total light source life.
When the Projector equivalent lamp or light source usage hour has reached close to its rated total light source life, it is highly recommended to have the Projector cleaned and serviced by a BenQ authorised service provider. There may be a charge for the service depending on the warranty status and the actual condition of the Projector.
Light Source employed in the use of BenQ Projectors, whether the technology is Lamp, LED, or Laser, are consumable parts. The value expressed in hours represents the minimum equivalent lamp or light source usage hours before the brightness is at half or less of its original brightness, or before it may no longer produce enough light for the Projector to perform up to its expected standard.
It is a normal phenomenon for the projector light source to decrease brightness over time. Should the performance of the lamp fail to meet the minimum lamp hour, the lamp is considered as a defect and can be claimed as in warranty service.
Industry standard tools and software is used in order to correctly judge the brightness of the light source. BenQ reserves the right to refuse a warranty claim for repair or replacement of the light source if the failure does not meet the above condition.
For more information on equivalent lamp or light source hour, handling, maintenance and prolonging the life of lamp and the Projector, please refer to the User Manual of your BenQ Product.
1. To initiate a Warranty, please arrange directly to a BenQ Authorised Service Provider.
2. Present valid Proof of Purchase. Warranty is determined from the date of purchase of Product by the first customer. Warranty card is not compulsory.
3. BenQ reserves the right to regard the Product as Out of Warranty, or reject Warranty service completely for failing to produce a valid Proof of Purchase.
4. On-site pick up service is available with respect to the product eligible for On-site pick up service Warranty only. Customer must adhere to the packing requirements before this service can be arranged, including the use of original product packaging or equivalent box or carton with cushioning offering adequate protection from shock, vibration and drop during transportation. BenQ reserves the right to refuse warranty service as a result of inadequate packaging and is thus deemed Out of Warranty. On-site pick up service must be scheduled within office hours.