2020.04.27 By BenQ
Do collaboration challenges in your meetings exhaust your energy and focus? The presence of multiple personal devices disrupting your meetings one too many times? Then maybe it is time for you to upgrade your meeting environments to make them more collaborative and productive. A great way to do this is by adopting a smart projector.
Smart projectors are one-stop-solutions for all your business needs, improving productivity, efficiency, and collaboration in meeting rooms. But with a growing number of smart projectors being made available in the market, how do you choose the right one for your business meetings?
To help you make that decision, we have prepared a list of 5 easy steps that you can follow to discover the right smart projector for your meetings. Let’s take a look at the aspects of a smart projector you should check before making the purchase decision.
The perfect smart projector is one which takes into account the latest business trends and supports them. With Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) being implemented across companies worldwide, a good smart projector needs to solve the challenges presented by BYOD, especially in meeting rooms:
● It should be compatible with Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS devices to ensure no compatibility issues pop up during the meeting because of the variety of screens present in the room.
● The smart projector should facilitate a driver-less environment and should be able to function optimally without need for additional softwares and applications.
● The projector must allow easy casting right from the users’ mobile phones and laptop casting should not take more than 2 simple steps using Google Chrome.
● A perfect smart projector also allows users’ mobile phones to be converted into remote controls to enable the users to control and manage the projector directly.
A major reason why managers nowadays are banning mobile phones and laptops from meetings is because of the distractions they pose, resulting in lower productivity. To tackle this problem, a smart projector should create a PC-free meeting room while fulfilling the meeting’s requirements:
● To create PC-less meetings, a smart projector should be equipped with an Account Management System (AMS) which enables easy access and management of company files directly over the cloud.
● It should possess USB reading capabilities to permit direct casting of all file formats without dependency on devices.
● Direct access to the internet is another feature that should be present in a smart projector to allow the users to browse the internet freely, especially for brainstorming sessions.
● A smart projector with built-in business applications is great for creating PC-free meetings. It should also permit the IT team to install additional apps to maintain corporate security.
Smart projectors do bring productivity and efficiency into meeting rooms, but a great smart projector must also reduce the workload for IT teams. By reducing troubleshooting issues, smart projectors allow the IT personnels to redirect focus towards maintaining corporate security and other important tasks:
● A Device Management System (DMS) in a smart projector is a must. It grants the IT team remote access and control over the configuration settings of an individual projector or a group of projectors.
● A smart projector should also permit Over-The-Air (OTA) firmware updates to reduce maintenance time and effort for the IT team.
There is no perfect smart project, only the right one for your needs. And it largely depends on your meeting room or projection environment. So when looking at potential smart projectors, it is important for you to be aware of your meeting room’s size and the features that the smart projector will need to have, especially with regard to projection brightness:
● In case of small meeting rooms with capacity to hold less than 10 people, a smart projector with 3,000-3,499 lumens of brightness is great so as to deliver projection clarity while saving energy.
● For medium-sized meeting rooms with capacity to hold 20 people, the smart projector should produce 3,500-4,000 lumens of brightness to provide larger projection dimensions and accommodate more people.
The final aspect to consider is if the smart projector meets your meeting room’s installation requirements or not. Depending on the size of your meeting room and the usual size of your meetings, the definition of the right smart projector for your meetings changes:
● In the case of medium-sized meeting rooms for 10-20 people, a smart projector with vertical keystone correction is the best option. This is because the smart projector can easily be placed in front of the screen to facilitate optimal image alignment.
● In the case of huddle rooms with capacity to hold 3-4 people or small meeting rooms for 5-10 people, a short throw smart projector model is more likely to fit the brief. This is because it can easily project an 80-inch image from less than 1 meter away, thereby solving space constraints.
Deciding which smart projector to invest in is not an easy task. We hope that our article has nudged you in the right direction and has given some key insights regarding the perfect smart projector for your business meetings.
If you are interested in investing in a smart projector which fulfills all the requirements mentioned in the article, take a look at the various options and models offered by BenQ to find the right one for you.