Europe, 2nd of June 2004 – BenQ, an Official Information Technology Partner for UEFA EURO 2004™, today launched BenQEuro2004.com – dedicated to bringing the enjoyment and fun of the football championships to fans across the globe. Providing content in seven languages, the site features many interactive, fan-friendly elements of what life is actually like during the games. This dedicated site takes an unconventional look at life around UEFA EURO 2004™, rather than the traditional football focus, allowing users of the site to experience the championships in many unique and entertaining ways.
Fan-friendly features include:
- Bluffers Guide: Caught up in the hype but not a football fanatic? This feature offers a humorous guide for non-footie fans of all nationalities wanting to get advice on what to say and what not to say during matches to sound like a true supporter.
- Daily Vox Pops: You never know what they’ll say! Get the inside scoop from fans of all nationalities that are supporting teams from all over Europe and share the fun. These fan-friendly interviews will appear on a daily basis and will cover all subjects related to the championships from where footies prefer to watch the action to how they think their favorite teams are performing.
- How to Throw the Perfect Euro Party: For fans hosting parties in the comfort of their own homes, this feature lists ideal recommendations on drinks, snacks, music, colors and emblems you need to throw a themed party, depending on which of the 16 teams you support.
- Team Analysis: Fans can also log on to review our entertaining team analysis and suss out the competition stakes. This area takes a lighthearted, humorous look at all 16 squads and the players, plus provides a short description of each of the team’s characteristics and what vegetable (yes, vegetable!) best represents each team.
- Football Fashion – Off the Pitch: Offering style advice and tips on how to dress like an international football star off the pitch. See David Beckham look-alikes in fitted suits and diamond jewelry or speculate on how Freddie Ljungberg will dress for his summer holiday.
- Guide to Portugal: Fans traveling to the championships can find a brief, easy-to-read guide to the best hotels, restaurants, bars, sights and concurrent cultural events of interest in the three key cities hosting the quarterfinals onwards.
- Vital Statistics: Find quirky, fun and surprising football statistics that have absolutely nothing to do with the players (you’ll never see these in the newspaper or on television, we promise!)
Additional interactive elements include Daily Polls on issues that everyone will be talking about after each game; Highlights/Daily Reviews of the events of the day before; Best Footie Lines from key European players/officials past and present; and one Quiz each week of the championships, composed of 10 snappy questions covering facts and figures about players of all participating countries and matches past and present.
BenQEuro2004.com is available in seven languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Dutch, Italian and Portuguese.
Log on to BenQEuro2004.com and BenQsuper16.com to experience the fun and excitement for yourself!