Which types of BenQ projectors require a power cycling process?
For BenQ projectors designed for general home entertainment and business use, we recommend powering off the projector for 2-3 minutes after every 12 hours of constant use for longer lasting reliability and maximized projector lifespan.
BenQ professional projectors designed with corresponding industrial standards can be used continuously for more than 12 hours and do not require a power cycling process as our home and general-use business projectors do.
If you have any questions, please contact your local BenQ customer care team for further assistance. Thank you.
How long is the suggested working time for models which light source is UHP lamp?
It is suggested to power cycle at least every 12 hours for more stable performance.
My remote control is not working. What can be done to fix it?
Please follow below steps for troubleshooting:
(1) Check if the remote receiver is turned off by accident in OSD. It should be turned to Front/Top/Front+Top.
(2) Check if the batteries are out of power. Replace both of the batteries with new ones.
(3) Make sure you are not too far away from the projector. Stand within 7 meters from the projector.
(4) Remove the obstacles between the remote control and projector.
For demo, please refer to the tutorial video
As Abobe Flash support ends at the end of Dec 2020, the Crestron network interface will no longer work after that. Is there any solution for this?
Can I control the BenQ projector with a remote control designed by other manufacturers?
Yes. When setting the remote control, please input the [custom code + IR code] or [IR code + custom code] based on the instruction on the remote control.
The custom code for BenQ is 0X30. For IR code, please refer to the user manual.
Which reminder messages will stop being displayed after "Reminder Message" is switched off?
After "Reminder Message" option is switched off in OSD, the following messages will stop being displayed:
- All signal searching…
- No signal
- (Source) Source searching…
- (Source) Source detected
- Auto adjusting…
- Signal status(Source information menu)
- ECO BLANK/No source detected
- Out of range
- Best resolution
How can I upgrade the firmware via LAN for the projector?
Please contact BenQ local service center for support. Our customer service professionals will help you upgrade the firmware.
How do 2D keystone positions and values correlate to the image distortion adjustment?
2D keystone position and values correlate to the distortion adjustment mainly in the following two ways:
(1) When the zoom ratio changes, the position of projector changes in sagittal axis direction.
(2) The adjustment setting of 2D keystone is one value for one degree. When 2D keystone is adjusted by one degree, the keystone value on OSD will be plus/minus (+/-) 1.
The distorted images can be adjusted either automatically, or manually by pressing the arrow keys on the projector or remote control.
How do I clean my projector lens?
Please refer to the below video for a guide to cleaning your projector's lens.
How to change the lamp and reset the lamp timer?
Please refer to the below video for instructions on how to replace a projector lamp and reset the lamp life timer on BenQ projectors.
How do I mute the projector?
The projector can be muted using one of the following settings -
1. OSD > System setup > audio settings > mute
2.. Mute key on remote
The mute function will reset to default (Off) when the projector is restarted, which means audio will be on.
Therefore, if you wish to mute the projector permanently, please turn the audio volume down to 0. Volume levels do not reset for power cycles or restarts.