Why can't PointWrite driver be activated after installation?
The PointWrite driver will not be activated until it detects the camera module. After installing PointWrite driver, do not activate it until a camera module is connected to the computer. After the camera module is detected, PointWrite driver will be activated.
Which types of BenQ projectors require a power cycling process?
For BenQ projectors designed for general home entertainment and business use, we recommend powering off the projector for 2-3 minutes after every 12 hours of constant use for longer lasting reliability and maximized projector lifespan.
BenQ professional projectors designed with corresponding industrial standards can be used continuously for more than 12 hours and do not require a power cycling process as our home and general-use business projectors do.
If you have any questions, please contact your local BenQ customer care team for further assistance. Thank you.
My remote control is not working. What can be done to fix it?
Please follow below steps for troubleshooting:
(1) Check if the remote receiver is turned off by accident in OSD. It should be turned to Front/Top/Front+Top.
(2) Check if the batteries are out of power. Replace both of the batteries with new ones.
(3) Make sure you are not too far away from the projector. Stand within 7 meters from the projector.
(4) Remove the obstacles between the remote control and projector.
For demo, please refer to the tutorial video
PointWrite-PW40U auto calibration is failed, how to fix this problem?
1. Check the alignment view: Check the projection pattern is well included from the camera view.
2. Check the environment: If there is ambient bright shining directly to the screen, please use manual calibration to calibrate.
3. Check if the resolution is the same at PC and projector's side.
Which reminder messages will stop being displayed after "Reminder Message" is switched off?
After "Reminder Message" option is switched off in OSD, the following messages will stop being displayed:
- All signal searching…
- No signal
- (Source) Source searching…
- (Source) Source detected
- Auto adjusting…
- Signal status(Source information menu)
- ECO BLANK/No source detected
- Out of range
- Best resolution
Can PointWrite be applied on 3 sets of projector side by side to create one larger screen?
PointWrite could only support 2 sets of projector and 2 pcs of camera module side by side. PointWrite does not support the 3rd projector and camera module.
Is it ok to use external power supply for PointWrite-PW40U? If yes, what is the spec. of the power adaptor?
Yes, and the power supply rating should be 5V, 500 mA.
Why does PointWrite-PW40U disconnect intermittently with 5 meter USB cable?
Lacking of power from USB port may cause disconnection issue. The power supply required from USB port is 5V 500mA. Please try to add external DC 5 V to USB cable.
Why is the cursor shivering when projecting to a white board?
If sun's ray reflection by whiteboard enters to the camera module or direct sun's ray on the screen may cause shivering. It is suggested to contact white board dealer to add an anti-reflection film to the whiter board which will improve the issue significantly.
How do I clean my projector lens?
Please refer to the below video for a guide to cleaning your projector's lens.
How to change the lamp and reset the lamp timer?
Please refer to the below video for instructions on how to replace a projector lamp and reset the lamp life timer on BenQ projectors.
How do I mute the projector?
The projector can be muted using one of the following settings -
1. OSD > System setup > audio settings > mute
2.. Mute key on remote
The mute function will reset to default (Off) when the projector is restarted, which means audio will be on.
Therefore, if you wish to mute the projector permanently, please turn the audio volume down to 0. Volume levels do not reset for power cycles or restarts.