Does the projector have Google Play market?
Although it is an Android-based projector, it is not yet certified under "Play Protect certification" to use Google services or products. Therefore we have "BenQ Suggest" which contains certified third-party apps. You can download and use them freely.
Which types of BenQ projectors require a power cycling process?
For BenQ projectors designed for general home entertainment and business use, we recommend powering off the projector for 2-3 minutes after every 12 hours of constant use for longer lasting reliability and maximized projector lifespan.
BenQ professional projectors designed with corresponding industrial standards can be used continuously for more than 12 hours and do not require a power cycling process as our home and general-use business projectors do.
If you have any questions, please contact your local BenQ customer care team for further assistance. Thank you.
How long is the suggested working time for models which light source is UHP lamp?
It is suggested to power cycle at least every 12 hours for more stable performance.
My remote control is not working. What can be done to fix it?
Please follow below steps for troubleshooting:
(1) Check if the remote receiver is turned off by accident in OSD. It should be turned to Front/Top/Front+Top.
(2) Check if the batteries are out of power. Replace both of the batteries with new ones.
(3) Make sure you are not too far away from the projector. Stand within 7 meters from the projector.
(4) Remove the obstacles between the remote control and projector.
For demo, please refer to the tutorial video
Why can't I log in to my AMS account?
Before logging in, please check:
(1) If the projector is connected to a wireless network.
(2) If the time zone is correct or not. The time zone has to match where the projector is.
(3) The same account cannot be used on different devices at the same time.
Why can't I project wirelessly?
Please check the following:
(1) If the wireless dongle correctly installed.
(2) Before you project wirelessly via the projector, you must first connect the projector to a wireless network to activate the wireless function.
After enabling Hot Spot mode on the projector, wireless projection from Android-based Google Cast or Windows stopped working. What can I do to fix it?
"The projector needs to connect to a wireless network via a router or Wi-Fi mode to support Google Cast and Windows-based wireless projection. Once properly connected to a wireless network, got back to Hot Spot mode and the Google Cast function will be turned on.
Why can't I use the over the air (OTA) function?
Please check the below points for troubleshooting:
(1) Check if the projector is connected to a wireless network.
(2) Check if the time zone is correct or not. The time zone has match where the projector is.
If the video does not play smoothly, what can I do to improve it?
Please try the below two ways to improve the situation:
(1) Go to "Clear memory" to clear up the memory of unnecessary files and boost available RAM.
(2) Go to "Recent App" to close unused apps.
Why can't I find the wireless network under hotspot mode on the projector?
"Please try to switch the internet quality option from higher(5G) to normal(2.4G) under hotspot mode in your projector if you can't find the wireless network on your device.
WIFI 5G segment may not be supported by your mobile device.
Why can't I broadcast some videos/images via the X-Sign broadcast app?
This is because the projector doesn't support 4K content.
Why can’t I use a QR code to log in to the AMS system when the projector is turned on?
"The Android operating system automatically synchronizes the time from the network about 5-10 seconds after getting connected to the Internet.
When the correct time is displayed on the Launcher, you can log in to the AMS system using a QR code.
The projector stuck and error message shows “Installing upgrade package…” when it is powered on. What can I do to fix it?
This message indicates that firmware OTA upgrade process is not completed and projector is powered off last time. Please follow below steps to fix this issue. When projector is back to normal, make sure that keeping projector connected with power when performing OTA firmware upgrade.
(1) Power off the projector.
(2) Press ECO Blank button first, then press power key together for few seconds to power on projector.
(3) After projector powering on process is done, release the two buttons at the same time.
Why can’t I log into my Google account in WPS apps?
It is because that projector is still not certified under "Play Protect certification" to use Google services or products.
What is the function of "TeamViewer Quick Support" in BenQ Suggest?
The "TeamViewer Quick Support" app in the projector is being controlled by your IT department, who can remotely access the projector to troubleshoot a problem. You cannot use the projector to control other devices with the "TeamViewer Quick Support" app on the projector.
Can I control the BenQ projector with a remote control designed by other manufacturers?
Yes. When setting the remote control, please input the [custom code + IR code] or [IR code + custom code] based on the instruction on the remote control.
The custom code for BenQ is 0X30. For IR code, please refer to the user manual.
Which reminder messages will stop being displayed after "Reminder Message" is switched off?
After "Reminder Message" option is switched off in OSD, the following messages will stop being displayed:
- All signal searching…
- No signal
- (Source) Source searching…
- (Source) Source detected
- Auto adjusting…
- Signal status(Source information menu)
- ECO BLANK/No source detected
- Out of range
- Best resolution
How do I project your data with AMS Service via E800ST series?
For projecting data with your AMS Service via E800ST series, please refer to the tutorial video:
How do I wirelessly project Windows to an E800ST series?
To wirelessly project Windows to an E800ST series, please refer to the tutorial video:
How do I wirelessly project an iPhone to an E800ST series via WiFi Mode?
To wirelessly project an iPhone to an E800ST series via WiFi Mode, please refer to the tutorial video:
How do I wirelessly project to an E800ST series via Hotspot mode?
To wirelessly project to an E800ST series via Hotspot mode, please refer to the tutorial video:
How do I download an App from BenQ Suggest?
To download an App from BenQ Suggest, please refer to the tutorial video:
How do I set up the E800ST series projector?
To set up the E800ST series projector, please refer to the tutorial video:
How do I read the USB flash drive data?
To read the USB flash drive data, please refer to the tutorial video:
Can I disable AMS service?
Yes. Follow the below steps to disable AMS service.
(1) Please log in to your AMS administrator account, Select device information in the account menu, Select "UNBIND".
(2) Go to settings> AMS Service and set to "Off".
Where can I find the web browser in the projector?
Please go to "BenQ Suggest" to download the "FireFox" app for web browsing purposes.
Can I use my Google account on the projector?
Yes, please follow the below steps to use your personal Google account to sign in with Firefox.
Step1: Open Firefox and enter "Add-ons" to add extensions component.
Step2: Search for "User-Agent Switcher" and add it to Firefox.
Step3: Simulate the system as windows.
How to start to using X-Sign Broadcast?
Before use broadcast function, please check:
1. If the projector is connected to a wireless network
2. If Time Zone is correct or not (Need to be consistent as where projector is.)
Please follow below steps to use X-Sign Broadcast.
1. You need to have a new account as an administrator with BenQ IAM (Identify and Access Management).Log in and choose X-Sign service.
2. Find "Display ID" : You can find "Display ID" shown from the "Broadcastsetting" App on the Projector
3. Add a New device on the Manager page in X-Sign Website: Enter the display ID to the device ID on the Manager page in X-Sign Website, Then enter the device name
4. Start to broadcasting.
*Refer to “X-Sign Broadcast” Website for details
How can I do screen-mirroring on a smart projector?
Please refer to the below video for information on smart projector screen-mirroring with a range of devices:
How can I update Android versions via USB drive on BenQ smart projectors?
Please refer to the below video to find out how to update the Android operating system on BenQ smart projectors using a USB drive:
How do I clean my projector lens?
Please refer to the below video for a guide to cleaning your projector's lens.
How to change the lamp and reset the lamp timer?
Please refer to the below video for instructions on how to replace a projector lamp and reset the lamp life timer on BenQ projectors.
How to manual upgrade android firmware on Smart projector?
Please refer to the step-by-step video tutorial for updating firmware via a USB disk.