Please refer to the following steps to fix HDR detection issues.
1. Check your official projector specifications to make sure it supports HDR
• If the projector does not support HDR, please change to a projector which
• If the projector you use supports HDR, go to step 2.
2. Check if HDR can be detected through a direct connection between the
projector and your video source without an AV receiver, HDMI splitter, or
• If HDR can be detected, please contact the manufacturer of your source
device for further investigation.
• If HDR still cannot be detected, please go to step 3.
3. Check whether the HDMI EDID setting on projector is switched to
• If HDMI EDID is not at Enhanced, please switch it to Enhanced.
• If HDR still cannot be detected even when HDMI EDID is at Enhanced,
please contact BenQ with the following information for further
- Settings of input source device and BenQ
- projector How devices and projector are connected
- Model numbers of video source device
- Cable length and material
- Media platform of input source
- Firmware version running on the projector
Thanks for letting us know. How would you describe this FAQ?
Thanks for your feedback!