Taipei, TAIWAN, August 29, 2011 –– Internationally renowned provider of digital lifestyle and global DLP® education projector leader, BenQ, announced today three new interactive whiteboard projectors that utilize BenQ’s latest SmartEco technology: the MX850UST and MW851UST offering 0.4:1 throw-ratio, and the MX813ST 0.6:1 throw-ratio. The launch of these cost-effective and eco-friendly projectors has turned BenQ into the unrivaled global short-throw projector expert with a full offering of short-throw ranges to fit any classroom size and need.
"BenQ had made remarkable progress in 2010, making it to the top as the No. 1 global DLP brand for both short-throw and interactive projections.” said Peter YF Huang, General Manager of BenQ Display Product Business Group. “We feel a great sense of accomplishment, bringing ultra vivid images and crisp-clear text projection into every classroom through our unique lens design. Short-throw is the simplest solution for physical constraints, shadow disruptions and eye-blinding lights to all, and that’s why we’ll continue to work hard and spread these benefits to schools.”
Set apart by the philosophy of “Enjoyment Matters”, BenQ has always strived to bring its vision for higher level of freedom, productivity and simplicity into the world of education, adjusting its projector design with the requirement that technology should easy to set up, enjoyable to use and affordable to maintain. As the first DLP brand to incorporate Philips’ ImageCare technology into its projector lamp system, BenQ has taken a further leap, developing its own SmartEco technology to perfect what DLP can do for energy saving in the 21st century classroom. Built with this brand new invention, the MX850UST, MW851UST and MX813ST bring together uncompromised brightness, exquisite picture quality and optimized lamp life through innovative features, including:
• The Eco Blank Mode, which helps blank the screen and conserve lamp power by up to 70% when the projector is not actively in use. By blanking the projection screen, teachers get to redirect students’ focus back on them while keeping the Earth lookin’ great.
• The SmartEco Mode, which cleverly adjusts the lamp power to maximize power saving by delivering the best contrast and brightness performance using only as much light as needed.
• The automatic switch to Eco Blank Mode after the projector is turned on for over three minutes without a display source, eliminating unnecessary energy waste and prolonging the life of the projector lamp.
Besides the short-throw advantages, power saving features and filter-free DLP engine design, BenQ also injected these interactive whiteboard projectors with leading future-proof technologies and thoughtful features to bring more enjoyable technology and educational magic to teachers and students while helping schools save more in the long run, such as:
• DLP LinkTM helps build an immersive learning environment through 3D visualization.
• Highly adoptable LAN support enables centralized projector display, control and management to prevent damage and loss and to support PC-less teaching and remote classroom monitoring.
• Big built-in speakers replace classroom audio systems at no extra cost with audio pass-through and microphone input.
The BenQ interactive whiteboard education projectors will be available for the worldwide market from September. For more information, please visit www.BenQ.com.