New Products Provide Multidevice Connectivity, Increased Interactivity, and Power Saving Technologies to Schools IRVINE, Calif.
— Jan. 29, 2013
— BenQ America Corp.
, an internationally renowned provider of digital lifestyle innovations, today announced the launch of BenQ Classroom iQ — a suite of next-generation products designed to future-proof classrooms while bringing simplicity, interactivity, and efficiency to instructors, IT managers, and administrators. Classroom iQ solutions will introduce versatile new ways of both teaching and learning via today’s handheld devices using products that are simple to set up, easy to operate, and cost effective to maintain. Bring Your Own Device (BYOD): A New Way to Connect and Engage
Today’s students are using a wide range of devices to facilitate their schoolwork. As a result, schools have already begun integrating smartphones, tablets, and laptops within the classroom environment. To support this trend, BenQ has developed the following tools to enable multidevice classroom instruction and management:
- QDraw3 Interactive Software and App enables teachers to present and annotate directly onto teaching materials such as Microsoft® Word® files, PowerPoint® slides, PDFs, and HTML documents. Using the new Presenter Mode, teachers can now teach from anywhere in the room with access and control directly from their tablet. A new Collaboration Mode enables collaborative learning by connecting every device in the classroom, allowing students and teachers to share annotations, view each other’s screens, and share control of classroom content. QDraw3 works across all platforms and devices, including Windows® 8, Mac®, and Linux®. It is available as a free download from the Apple® App StoreSM and the Google Play™ Store.
- QPresenter 2.0 Software and App is an alternative for teachers and students to share different types of photos and documents directly from their tablets via iTunes®, Dropbox, or email. The new version also features simple virtual keypad control from tablets and allows built-in cameras on both smartphones and tablets to project images directly onto the classroom’s projection screen.
Interactivity: Taking Connected Learning to the Next Level
- USB Reader and Office Viewer make PC-less presentations possible by allowing teachers and students to use USB drives for seamless plug-and-play simplicity.
Interactive learning combines device connectedness with the practice of active participation to create engaging experiences that facilitate the student learning process. To encourage interactive learning, BenQ has upgraded its PointDraw™ remote control technology, created the PointWrite™ device, and introduced a new line of interactive projectors and interactive flat panel (IFP) displays.
- PointDraw 3.0 offers an even smoother writing experience. Teachers and students can now collaborate simultaneously using the Dual Pen feature that lasts up to 20 hours on a full charge. A charging stand is also included in the optional package.
- PointWrite comes with an 80fps sensor attached to the projector lens to detect IR beams emitted from the PointWrite pen. Similar to PointDraw 3.0, PointWrite supports auto-calibration and rapid writing response time. It also enables multiwriting of up to four pens, allowing groups of students to write on the screen.
- MW821ST and MX822ST interactive projectors create stunning visual arrangements to suit the context of any classroom content. With WXGA and XGA resolutions, contrast ratios of 13000:1, and more than 3000 ANSI lumens of brightness, classrooms will never need to turn off the lights again. The projectors also feature PointDraw technology, built-in speakers for immersive multimedia experiences, and short-throw projection capabilities for easy installations in rooms of all sizes. The duo also features advanced technology to eliminate shadows of presenters in front of the screen and HDMI® connectivity to enable teachers to integrate 3D content easily from Blu-ray™ players or PCs to their lesson plans.
BenQ SmartEco™ Technology: Lowering Total Cost of Ownership
- BenQ’s IFPs bring highly accurate touch technology, pristine image quality, and complete multimedia connectivity to the classroom. With 42-inch, 55-inch, and 65-inch displays, the panels feature tile-friendly Windows 8 compatibility, full HD resolution, and integrated speakers to transform lessons into engaging learning experiences. Ambient light sensors also automatically adjust displays to simplify performance settings while picture-in-picture (PIP) enhances productivity and content control. In addition, optical sensing touch technology allows teachers and students to pan, zoom, and scroll through documents and websites easily.
BenQ’s world-leading SmartEco™ technology brings the most advanced features and solutions to the classroom at a lower total cost of ownership (TCO) without compromising brightness, picture quality, or lamp performance. The following energy saving-features are embedded in BenQ’s classroom products:
- SmartEco Mode allows a projector to adjust its lamp power between 100 percent and 30 percent automatically based on the amount of brightness required. By using just the right amount the lamp power, schools can reduce their total cost of ownership by extending lamp life and reducing power consumption.
- SmartEco Advanced Mode, the advanced version of SmartEco Mode, is available through BenQ’s BlueCore™ laser projector models. This feature reduces power consumption by up to 90 percent, saving even more power and significantly extending lamp life.
Investing in Education: BenQ Solutions in Schools
- Eco Blank Mode allows teachers to blank out the projection screen whenever the projector is not in use. When activated, the Eco Blank Mode automatically dims the lamp power and will cut 70 percent of the device’s total power consumption.
To increase its role in the classroom, BenQ will participate in several education trade shows and events alongside its distribution partners. In early 2013, the company will join education leaders and technology experts at FETC in Orlando, Fla. from Jan. 28-31. BenQ will also exhibit its products and support its education partners at TECA in Austin, Texas from Feb. 2-8. A number of BenQ’s Classroom iQ Solutions, including the company’s forward-thinking IFP displays will be demonstrated at the events.
“BenQ is very excited to be providing the most advanced classroom technologies to teachers, students, and schools,” said Lars Yoder, President of BenQ America Corp. “Our Classroom iQ Solutions are specifically designed to satisfy the need for more interactive and immersive experiences by integrating the world of connected devices with solutions that are innovative, affordable, and easy to use. Schools can now create connected classrooms using future-proof technology that will both protect their investment and enrich the overall learning experience.”
BenQ Classroom iQ Solutions will be available in February. More information on the full line of BenQ products is available at https://www.benq.ca/
. # # # About BenQ America Corp.
BenQ America Corp. is a leading innovator of digital lifestyle products, providing an extensive line of visual display and presentation solutions that incorporate the very latest technologies. The company offers a broad range of projectors and monitors for any application and market — education, home, gaming, corporate, government, and IT — with cutting-edge models that lead the industry in performance, reliability, environmental sustainability, and aesthetics. Whether it’s interactive digital whiteboards for classrooms, 3D-ready projectors for home theaters, short-throw projectors for boardrooms, or LED backlight monitors for professional gaming, BenQ continues to defy the limits of digital displays. The company’s products are available across North America through leading value-added distributors, resellers, and retailers.
The BenQ digital lifestyle stands as a cornerstone of the company’s mission of “Bringing Enjoyment and Quality to Life,” fusing lifestyle with technology, enjoyment with productivity, and aesthetic design with engineering. It is this commitment that has made BenQ the No. 1-selling DLP®
projector brand worldwide, as well as the No. 1 name in short-throw projectors.
More information is available at www.benq.ca
. About BenQ Corporation
BenQ Corporation is a renowned global trendsetter of connected digital lifestyle devices founded on the brand promise of “Bringing Enjoyment and Quality to Life.” With a keen insight into ever-evolving consumer preferences, BenQ uniquely creates the ideal balance of leading technology and signature design to provide visual and mobile solutions that elevate consumer lifestyles. BenQ continues to delight the world’s consumers with a broad product and embedded technology portfolio spanning digital projectors, monitors, interactive large-format displays, digital cameras and camcorders, mobile computing devices, and lighting solutions. About BenQ Group
The BenQ Group is a $21+ billion powerhouse comprised of 15+ independent companies operating in over 30 countries across numerous industries with a combined workforce of over 120,000 employees. Each Group member is a recognized leader in its own field, contributing to the BenQ Group’s vast resources, broad R&D, and distinct strategic strengths. By leveraging each company’s vertical specialization to create true scale across horizontal markets, the BenQ Group controls a highly efficient value chain with the unrivaled ability to deliver critical components and world-class solutions in the following industries: TFT-LCD, green energy, fine chemicals and advanced materials, lighting, IC design, precision components, system integration, branded business, and service. The Group is committed to profitable and sustainable businesses that share its long-standing vision of Bringing Enjoyment and Quality to Life.
The BenQ Group companies are: BenQ Corporation, AU Optronics Corporation (world’s top manufacturer of large-size TFT-LCD panels), Qisda Corporation, Darfon Electronics Corporation, BenQ Materials Corp., BenQ Guru Corp., BenQ Medical Center, BenQ Medical Technology Corp., BriView Co., Ltd., Daxin Materials Corp., Dazzo Technology Corp., Forhouse Corp., Lextar Electronics Corp., Raydium Semiconductor Corp., and Wellypower Corp. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BenQUSA LinkedIn: https://linkd.in/kJdsyC RSS: Feeds Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/BenQAmerica YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ShopBenQ All trademarks and registered trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.