TAIPEI, TAIWAN, April 22th, 2014
– BenQ, an internationally renowned provider of digital lifestyle innovations and VA LED monitor expert, today announced the offering of its new Eye-care Series monitors as a permanent addition to its monitor product line, stressing on its commitment to safeguard eye vision and to always act first on offering the most comfortable and enjoyable viewing experience to users around the world – because eye health matters. Developed based on the findings of extensive eye-care research and in-depth consumer focus groups, the Eye-care Series monitors feature BenQ’s Flicker-free technology and four Low Blue Light Modes for office, web-surfing, multimedia and reading use, meeting the day-to-day needs of heavy computer users who are concerned about eyestrain, as well as notebook users who are seeking to extend their flickering small-size notebook screen onto a bigger, Flicker-free screen. Currently, 17 Eye-care Series monitors have been certified by TÜV Rheinland, one of the world’s leading provider of technical, safety and certification services, as truly friendly to the human eye.
“As the first brand in the world to launch a full range of eye-comforting, Flicker-free monitors, we are deeply committed to create and build a viewing experience that matters to the eye health of our users,” said Peter Huang, General Manager of BenQ’s Technology Product Center. “It is our Eye-care commitment that helps us strengthen our Eye-care Series monitors with vision-friendly features that truly makes a difference in people’s lives and we are proud to see that reflected in our sales achievement, proving that consumers today are more aware of eye-friendly choices when it comes to monitor products. The sales volume of our Eye-care Series monitors 24” and above has increased over 30% compared to the same period last year, and we had got more than 40% growth in the US and Germany. With this encouragement, we will definitely continue to commit the necessary resources to support our innovation efforts in bringing people better Eye-care Series monitors.” Flicker-free for a Comfortable and Healthy Viewing Experience
Flickering, usually happening at 200 times per second, is a flashing effect that takes place when the LED backlight controller of a regular monitor adjusting the brightness levels, during display refreshing and when poor cabling or outdated graphics card in use or interfered by other signals. The phenomenon often strains the ciliary muscle, exposing users to eyestrain without noticing. BenQ’s Eye-care Series monitors are designed with a unique De-flickering Backlight Circuit Controller for a zero-flickering viewing experience. This in turn helps reduce eye health concerns raised by a fast-flickering display and/or prolonged usage of PCs and notebooks, offering a nice balance between eye comfort and visual pleasure. BenQ is the first monitor brand to receive formal certification from TÜV Rheinland, one of the world’s leading provider of technical, safety and certification services. Thus far, 17 of its Eye-care Series monitors have been TÜV Rheinland-certified for its eye-friendly features, with more to follow. Four Low Blue Light Modes for Various Daily Scenarios
Rather than reducing blue light emission excessively, every BenQ Eye-care monitor is built with four custom-designed Low Blue Light Modes for different daily tasks. Each mode is adjusted to the appropriate color temperature and backlight level to fit the specific usage scenario throughout the day. The amount of blue light reduction for each mode was actually determined by a focus group of experienced users with the help of our engineers for the perfect user-driven viewing experience.
• Reading Mode for a simulated “real paper” look
– By adjusting the brightness, sharpness and contrast ratio while reducing blue light by 70%, the mode relieves eye discomfort associated with focused or prolonged use, making it ideal for ebooks, long documents, or any other type of reading that requires one’s full attention for long periods of time.
• Office Mode for word processing, emailing and other everyday office tasks
–With a 60% reduction of blue light, users can rest easy in the knowledge that eyes strain will be far less noticeable. This mode promotes healthier eyes and a more productive office.
• Web-surfing Mode for optimized comfort and color rendering result for web content
– With 50% reduction of blue light, web pages are now easier on users’ eyes, allowing internet browsing more enjoyable and still retaining the exciting colors from the internet.
• Multimedia Mode for the perfect balance between comfort and pleasure
– With the highest image quality and sufficient blue light reduction (30%), the viewing experience of photos, videos, animation and other media is vastly improved.
BenQ will continue to work with field experts and solicit beneficiary feedbacks from consumers worldwide to perfect its Eye-care Series, creating improvements that truly matter to the eye health of consumers around the world.
BenQ Eye-care Series monitors are now available worldwide. For more information, please visit www.BenQ.com