Please refer to the following troubleshooting steps to fix audio issues related to eARC on your projector.
1. Check if the HDMI cable you are using supports ARC/eARC
•If the cable does not support ARC/eARC, please change to an HDMI cable
that supports ARC/eARC.
•If the cable supports ARC/eARC, please go to step 2.
2. Check if the HDMI ports on your projector and your device both support
•If they don’t, please change to HDMI ports which support ARC/eARC
•If ARC/eARC is supported, please go to step 3.
3. Make sure that both Electronics Control and Audio Return are enabled on
•If Electronics Control and Audio Return are not enabled, please enable
Electronics Control and Audio Return on the projector.
•If they are already enabled, please go to step 4.
4. Check whether the audio format you would like to use is supported by
•If the audio format is not supported, please contact the manufacturer of
•If the audio format is supported, please contact BenQ with the following
information for further investigation if there is still no audio from
your speakers even after following all the above steps.
- Settings for ARC/eARC on the BenQ projector, input source device, and
audio output device.
- How devices and the projector are connected.
- Model numbers of video source device and audio output device.
- Cable length and material.
- Audio format from input source.
- Media platform of input source.
- Firmware version running on the projector.
Thanks for letting us know. How would you describe this FAQ?
Thanks for your feedback!