What options/functions can be controlled by DMS Local?
The DMS Local software allows you to remotely control/monitor your displays via LAN. It's an effective way to lower TCO (total cost of ownership) and energy consumption for your operation.
This video will show you the function of DMS Local.
How do I delete/unbind the device from DMS Cloud?
If you would like to delete/unbind the device from DMS Cloud, please follow the demo video for detailed steps.
Why can't a display be added into DMS Local?
Please update the device definition (JSON) under setting in DMS Local.
Why can't the unit be turned on using DMS Local?
1. Ensure that WOL (Wake-on-LAN) setting is supported by this model and enabled on the display.
2. Ensure that the display is connected to the network via the LAN (RJ-45) port. Wake-on-LAN does not work over a Wi-Fi connection.
How do I add a device by using unique ID for DMS Cloud?
A device must be added first in order to remotely monitor, control, and configure devices individually or as groups. Please follow the demo video to add a device using unique ID for DMS Cloud.
How do I add a device by using QR code for DMS Cloud?
A device must be added first in order to remotely monitor, control, and configure devices individually or as groups. Please follow the demo video to add device using QR code for DMS Cloud.
How do I use DMS Cloud to control the device remotely?
Devices can be controlled remotely in DMS Cloud. Please follow the demo video for detail steps.
How do I upgrade apps for EZWrite 5.0 and X-Sign?
Most BenQ apps can be upgraded online. Please refer to the demo video for the upgrade process of EZWrite 5.0 and X-Sign.
Why does it show "Display ID is invalid" when I tried to register EasySetting with my device?
Please make sure to check the followings:
(1) Is the network working properly? Make sure to use LAN instead of Wi-Fi for internet access.
(2) Make sure EasySetting whitelist is set up already.
How do I obtain the log for X-Sign player 2.x app?
Please follow below steps to obtain the log for X-Sign player 2.x app:
(1) Switch X-Sign player to Manager mode by selecting "Manager" in "Switch Mode" form.
(2) Make sure the internet connection is available.
(3) Click "Upload device log (Manager mode)" in "Settings" form to create a placeholder file for the log.
(4) Create a file named "XSIGNDUMPLOG" in the root directory/folder of your USB flash drive. Note that "XSIGNDUMPLOG" should be an empty file without file extension.
(5) Insert the USB flash drive into the device.
(6) Click "Save" button to store the log file to the drive.
How do I use BenQ digital signage as a music player (audio only) in X-Sign Designer 2.x?
Please follow the below steps to use BenQ digital signage as a music player:
(1) Launch X-Sign 2.x designer.
(2) Create an empty template.
(3) Switch from "Edit mode" to "Overview".
(4) "Music" will be shown on the first row. Press "+" icon at the side to select the music to play.
Where can I find the log for X-Sign player 2.x in Windows?
Please follow the path below to find the log file:
(1) Go to C:\Users\User name\AppData\Local\BenQ\XSignPlayer
(2) Select \BenQ\
(3) Select \cache\
(4) Select \crash\
(5) Select \data\
(6) Select \log\
(7) Select "XSign.env"
What is the maximum duration a schedule can be set in Local Delivery and Interactive mode for X-Sign Player 2.x?
The maximum duration of schedule in Local Delivery and Interactive mode is 24 hours. If you wish to schedule events that last for more than 24 hours, please purchase the X-Sign Manager license.
What is "AQI information" in X-Sign Designer 2.x?
AQI stands for Air Quality Index. "AQI information" in X-Sign Designer 2.x provides the index and relevant information about the air quality in China.
How can I extend X-Sign Manager license online?
Please log in to your X-Sign Manager account, then click on "By Device" => "Edit Device" => "replace" or "choose" to enter the new license code for extension.
How can I export X-Sign Player reports from X-Sign Manager (release v2.6)?
You can check X-Sign Player reports by exporting them using X-Sign Manager.
This video will show you how to export X-Sign Player reports from X-Sign Manager:
How long before X-Sign Manager expires will I receive the email notification and what is the frequency for the reminder?
An e-mail notification will be sent 30 days before the expiration date and it will remind the user again 7 days prior to the expiration date.
When will X-Sign Manager send error notifications by email?
X-Sign Manager sends e-mail notifications to inform users about errors when the associated device is offline but there is content scheduled to play.
How can I manage X-Sign CMS by category and channel?
In X-Sign Manager, you can manage devices with hierarchical structures or play the same content on multiple devices remotely through different channels with ease. Please refer to the tutorial video below for details.
How can I set different roles and substitute admins for X-Sign CMS?
If you have several admins and would like them to manage different devices, please follow this tutorial to setup X-Sign CMS accordingly.
For example, Admin A can only manage certain devices and can't access devices assigned to Admin B. Please refer to the tutorial video below for details.
How can I delete an account from IAM?
Admin or user accounts can be deleted from the IAM website.
1. Enter BenQ IAM
2. Select the profile icon