Why isn't my keyboard working on the monitor?
External devices, such as keyboard and mouse cannot work on the monitor if the USB downstream ports on the monitor are not activated. After downstream ports are activated, external devices that use these ports can start working on the monitor. USB downstream ports can be activated in one of the following two ways:
- If the video source is Thunderbolt 3, the USB downstream ports will be activated automatically.
- If not, connect your computer to the USB upstream port on the monitor with the complimentary USB cable.
How to change the settings for my monitor that shows ”HDR Emulated” instead of “HDR On” while the HDR video looks good?
Please follow below steps to verify and fix the issue:
1. Make sure the video content is encoded with HDR by looking for the HDR description or logo. For example, for YouTube, the video quality setting should indicate “HDR.” For streaming services such as Netflix, the HDR logo will be displayed on the video cover.
2. Check the internet speed and ensure it is fast enough to stream HDR content. For example, for HDR content in 4K resolution, the download speed should be higher than 25 megabits per second.
3. Check the HDR compatibility of source device. The firmware of source device should be updated to the latest version and support HDR and HDCP 2.2.
4. Verify whether the cables support HDR. The cables that come with BenQ HDR monitors are recommended for the best video quality. If an aftermarket cable is used, make sure it fits one the following requirements:
-HDMI: HDMI 1.4 or later versions.
-DisplayPort/DP to MiniDP: DP 1.2 or later versions.
-USB Type C: USB-C certified.
For more information, please refer to: httcps://www.benq.com/en/knowledge-center/knowledge/hdr-troubleshooting-instruction.html
How can I reproduce the color profiles of a MacBook Pro on my BenQ monitor?
Since the color profiles of a MacBook Pro are recognized as a standard among Mac users, BenQ has developed a new M-Book mode to simulate the color specs of MacBook Pro on our monitors. Switch to M-Book Mode to make your BenQ monitor emulate a MacBook Pro.
How does Display Pilot software facilitate better use of your BenQ DesignVue monitor?
Display Pilot is software which integrates quick and easy access for you to best utilize your monitor.
*Desktop Partition: splits your workspace easily in various scenarios without cumbersome dragging and resizing.
*Print Assist: helps you get a good idea of what your work will look like on a printed hard copy and preview results compared to the screen.
*Keyboard Hotkey: creates shortcuts to gain access to different color modes, video inputs, and DualView mode without taking your hands off the keyboard.
*Application Mode: helps assign color modes and switch to different color modes for your chosen apps and various projects.
What are the benefits of HotKey Puck G2?
HotKey Puck G2 has three function keys and a rotating dial key, allowing users to designate preferred color modes and features such as shortcuts to widely used settings. The dial makes it extra easy to adjust brightness, contrast, and volume.
How to enable Auto Pivot on PD2720U and PD3220U?
Auto Pivot can be enabled with Display Pilot software. Please follow the demo video to complete the settings.
How can I detect external USB devices inserted into a PD series monitor's USB port?
Please refer to the following video, which covers most common scenarios and offers setup guidelines.