TAIPEI, TAIWAN, January 7th, 2012 – BenQ, an internationally renowned provider of digital lifestyle innovations and LED monitor expert, is pleased to announce the launch of the GW2760HS, a top model designed and built following the newly launched GW60 Series monitors to bring luxury premium visual enjoyment to your everyday life. Featuring a sophisticated slim bezel design with BenQ's innovative flicker-free technology, powerful energy-saving solutions and Reading Mode, this incredible 27" Full HD VA LED monitor is everything you’ll need for essential home and office use and more!
A stunning work of art, the GW2760HS is fashioned with a minimalist style that complements every contemporary home and office. An 11.5mm slim bezel and slim chassis design is incorporated to create a sophisticated look while keeping things nice and compact. You’ll find multi-panel configuration much simpler for home entertainment or office viewing with less distraction from the monitor frame. The GW2760HS’s high-gloss frame and base stand streamlined by a curvaceous neck further enable stunning visual fluidity while its carbon fiber-patterned back recreates the powerful drive of a racing car.
Prolonged usage of computers has created eye health concerns. To reduce eye fatigue caused by flickering backlight, BenQ upgraded the GW2760HS with its new flicker-free technology. By replacing the conventional LED backlight, BenQ effectively eliminate flickering at all brightness levels. The visible lines created by the flickering effect could be observed by taking a picture of the monitor screen or viewing the monitor screen through blowing fans.
Other distinguishing features of the GW2760HS includes:
• A 3000:1 high native contrast ratio that is three times of that of a general panel, adding astonishing color depth and definition to darkened, complex images with the greatest subtlety and clarity.
• A true 8-bit panel that renders a total of 16.7 million color shades compared to a 6-bit panel which is only able to achieve merely 2% of a similar range of colors, delivering smoother and more stable transition from one color to the next.
• Senseye® Reading Mode that recreates the comfortable experience of reading actual books by adjusting the monitor's color temperature and brightness levels, as well as balancing its contrast ratio and sharpness, to stimulate the look of paperback paper.
• True blacks and minimized light leakage that bring out flawlessly layered and precisely contrasted details in even the darkest images.
• Color Shift-free Technology that perfects skin tone and image color presentation from a wide-viewing angle of 178°/178° from left, right above and below by reducing the visibility of color washout, or color shift, between normal and oblique viewing angles
"The GW2760HS is BenQ's first step to introduce the newly upgraded VA LED full line-up. With the flicker-free technology effectively reducing eye fatigue, we are proud to bring better visual enjoyment to all." said Peter Chen, "BenQ has achieved many great accomplishments in large-sized monitor segment in Europe, Japan, and China. As we move forward with the launch of the GW2760HS, we hope to take success to another level worldwide."
The GW2760HS will head to China and Taiwan in early January 2013 and debuting globally shortly after. For more information, please visit www.BenQ.com.